- 4 potatoes
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- salt and pepper to taste
I can not wait for tomorrow. Thanksgiving food is just the best. Especially when you share it with those you love so much! I will probably gain a few tomorrow but hey, it is soooooooooo worth it......... I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving and let's just remember before we sit down to eat all that great food what the day is all about and to give thanks for all our blessings.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes; cook until tender but still firm, about 15 minutes. Drain, cool and chop.
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside. Reserve bacon fat.
- Add the flour, sugar, water and vinegar to skillet and cook in reserved bacon fat over medium heat until dressing is thick.
- Add bacon, potatoes and green onions to skillet and stir until coated. Cook until heated and season with salt and pepper. Serve warm.
The Pilgrims made seven times more graves than huts. No Americans have been more impoverished than these who, nevertheless, set aside a day of thanksgiving. ~H.U. Westermayer
There is one day that is ours. There is one day when all we Americans who are not self-made go back to the old home to eat saleratus biscuits and marvel how much nearer to the porch the old pump looks than it used to. Thanksgiving Day is the one day that is purely American. ~O. Henry
God has two dwellings; one in heaven, and the other in a meek and thankful heart. ~Izaak Walton
We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures. ~Thornton Wilder
And I had to add this quote I found just for fun because you see the Saints are playing the Cowboys Thanksgiving Day, 2010.
So here it is.....................
HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!
On Thanksgiving Day, all over America, families sit down to dinner at the same moment - halftime. ~Author Unknown